Friday, November 16, 2012

Frozen Mini Pizzas  
School is out for then next 10 days.  So far today I have heard "I am hungry" at least a dozen times!  I am slightly behind with my real job so I was letting B fend for herself.  Breakfast was hot chocolate and cinnamon toast.  9:00 snack Crackers, 10: 00 snack Grapes, 11:00 snack Cheddar Bunnies.  And then..:what's for lunch?"  I gave her all of her normal choices.  All I got was a blank stare and  "is there any pizza?"  I decided that  it was time to take action!  I spent less than 1 hour and made 14 mini pizzas that are in the freezer,  ready for toppings and  then into the oven.


Quick Pizza Dough
1 Package Quick Rise Yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 c. warm water
1 T. Honey
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. Garlic Powder
1 t. Salt
Cornmeal for dusting

Mix the yeast and water in a glass bowl. Let it rest for 5 minutes.  Add the other ingredients.  Mix well.  Let rest for 5 more minutes.  Divide the dough into desired portions and roll out.  Place on a baking sheet that is dusted with cornmeal and prick with a fork.

For thin crust roll and put immediately in a 450 degree oven for about 8  minutes or just until they start to turn golden.

For thicker crust roll our and let rest for 10 minutes then bake until just golden.



This dough is easy to work with and has a silky texture.   It makes excellent bread sticks! 


Cool the crusts on wire racks.  Once they are cool, place them back on the baking sheet and  top with your favorite pizza sauce.  At this point you can add whatever tickles your fancy. Put the baking sheets and pizzas in the freezer. Once they are solid wrap them individually in plastic wrap and put them back in the freezer.  We don't top our until we are ready to bake them.  I keep shredded cheese, olives and other toppings chopped and ready to go in the refrigerator. When someone wants lunch, they top their own pizza and place it in 350 degree oven until it is hot and bubbly!

It has been nearly 3 hours since B had her pizza, I have not gotten one "I am hungry"!  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment